This morning, I got up around 9am, and called RMU. I like my anxiousness get the better of me. I tried to send an email to the professor, but I can’t tell if it sent or not since it wasn’t showing up in my sent folder. When the professor picked up the phone, he asked me my last name. I didn’t come up in his caller ID. I told him who I was and how I interviewed with him a couple weeks ago and I just wanted to follow up with him and let him know that I am still very interested in the position. He said that he just finished up interviews on Friday and is now going over all of the applications. I said, “okay great I look forward to hearing from you regarding your decision.” Then he said “Thank you, okay bye.” I said goodbye, and we ended the call. Well I figured my phone call didn’t hurt, but it was a bit awkward, the way we ended it. I did catch him off guard.

After the phone call, I got a shower, got dressed, and watched a few episodes of Versailles,
Image result for Versailles seriesbefore I left to go meet my mom for lunch. When I arrived at my mom’s work, I was a half hour early. I am either really early or really late. I sat in my car and waited for her to come. While I waited for her, I picked up my library book that I brought with me and proceeded to read.

The other day, I checked out two books. One was Tender is the Night and the other is titled,  I’d Die for You.Image result for Tender is the Night book I am a huge Fitzgerald fan. I love a tragic hero. Image result for i'd die for you fitzgeraldI’d Die For You, is a collection of Fitzgerald’s short stories, that were never published. The book new and is only available to rent for a weeks time. Truthfully, I am funny about short stories, they are short and not always uplifting. My favorite short story so far in the book is titled, Nightmare.” In the story, there is a doctor and what seems to be a  patient love triangle, but she is a mild case. The doctor is insane, as well. You don’t find that out until the end of the story, but as you are reading it, you tend to wonder I bet the doctor is insane, as well. It kind of reminds me of the movie, “Stonehurst Asylum.”

When my mom finally came out, we hoped in her car and went to Carmody’s in Neville Island. This restaurant used to be in North Hills, but has since moved. It is a gem in this semi depressing town. So many Industrial plants, of a time when Pittsburgh was the booming industrial town that it once was, now places like Neville Island, Aliquippa, and Coraopolis are like ghost towns. However, Neville Island still has a little bit of life to it, but nothing like it used to be, I am sure. Nothing is made here in the US anymore. I digress.

At lunch, we talked about my interviews, gossiped a bit, and chatted about the upcoming wedding of Drew’s cousin Stephanie that is to take place this Saturday.  The food was awesome. I had taco soup, grilled cheese, and fries. I took half of my sandwich home to Drew.

When we left the restaurant, my mom said she really needed a pedicure and asked if I wanted one too. I said I would. She said, “I will pay for it.” I took her up on her offer. I called and made the appointment for Thursday. My mom, my dad, and me are all going for pedicures together. I don’t mind it. I wanted to get one, but then my situation with Fastest Labs happened.

When I got home, I watched more Versailles and then decided I needed to go to the gym. Drew was going to be painting the extra bedroom tonight, and I didn’t want to just hang out on the couch all afternoon and evening.

When I got to the gym, I did an hour on the elliptical, then the machines. I am increasing my weight and it feels good. I am noticing my arms, are getting stronger and I need to increase the weight more. My legs are getting there, but I still feel like I have a bit of a ways to go to build them up. I have always had thick thighs, apparently even as a baby, according to my mother.

After the gym, I went home and Drew was getting ready to paint. We greeted each other. He had a long day, and wasn’t in all that good of a mood, plus he had to paint, so I figured tonight was not a good night. I got a shower, and let him go. I did check on him throughout the night in between breaks from Versailles. The room looks so beautiful. I am so thankful for the job he is doing, both at work and in our home.

It is 11:08pm and I am tired. He is laying on ice, and I am ready for bed. More tomorrow.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s