Dentist & Hair Appt

This morning I got up around 7:30am and got a shower, got dressed, and went to the dentist.  I had this slight pain in my tooth where the crown is. I had a root Canal there, so it is hard to believe I have pain. I hope it’s nothing, but we will see.

When I arrived to the dentist, Donna was so happy to see me. I told her about my position at Pitt, and she was excited for me. She asked, so does this mean that we are going to make your 6 month smiles appointment. I said, “I am not sure about that right now. We have to get our finances together.” Always looking for a way to get money out of me.

When Dr. Barber examined my mouth, he didn’t find anything wrong. He drilled down the bite a little, and said perhaps I was grinding my teeth in my sleep, and aggravated my teeth making them sore. Perhaps, but I am still a bit uncomfortable. We will see if it doesn’t clear up, I may make an appointment with the people who did my root canal.

After the dentist, I went to my parents to see my dogs, before my hair appointment. I didn’t want to go back home and have to come back out again. I sat with them for awhile and had a bowl of cereal.

Around 15 mins to 11am, I went to my hair appointment. I wanted to do something a bit different, but professional. I had a big interview tomorrow. I wasnt sure I wanted to be bright light blonde.

When I got to my hair salon, I told her what I was thinking and she said, that I was going to hate the gold at the roots. It would be hard to like. I agreed with her gold can be funny. She pulled out her color swatch and we decided on a darker blonde at the root, and keep the light blonde. I was so nervous. It turned out way better than I thought it would. I am super happy with it.

After my hair was done, I hung out with Leanne and Maci. I refreshed my e-mail, and noticed Linda from social sciences responded back to my e-mail. I had emailed her trying to follow up with her about the position, that I interviewed for with her and her team. She wanted to know if I was still interested, and if so she was going to reach out to my references. I went outside to call her and when she picked up I asked if she had a few minutes, and she did.

Over the phone, I told her about heinz chapel, what Pat said about one of my references not being in my favor and how I may have rubbed elbows with someone the wrong way, and that I have learned from it, and how is didn’t want that to interfere with my chances. She understood and was glad I was honest. We talked about my references, and she confirmed them. She explained to me that after, she talks to my references she will give me a call about the next step in the process, and if they are moving forward with me or not. I was happy to still have a chance, but I won’t be settled until I get an offer!

After I got off the phone, I painted my nails and toes and did Maci’s nails and toes. Then I went home. There is only so much negativity I can hear from Leanne. I love her, but small doses.

When I got home, I put a load of laundry in the washer, and talked to my mom. She was on her way over. We were going to Dunkin’ for coffee, then she was coming over to visit. I told her about the opportunities with Pitt and she was so happy for me. We talked about her golf outing, and I started dinner for Drew and I.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s