On Sunday They Left

I didn’t sleep much at all. I got up at 8am. I got a shower and got dressed in my swim suit, shorts, and a top. I brushed my teeth and pulled my hair up in a messy bun. I went downstairs, and the boys were still passed out. Spense was snoring. I laughed. I poked Matt to try to get him up. I remember him saying last night he wanted to get a shower before going to the pool. Spense said he didn’t care, so  I didn’t bother waking him up yet. I made some coffee and Matt woke up.
At 8:45am, my phone alarm went off. I went upstairs and woke up Drew he got a shower, then when he was done Matt got a shower, then woke up Spense. My phone started ringing it was the FaceTime notification. I answered it. It was Becky.  She called to tell me the plans changed and we are to have breakfast at Uncle Tom and Aunt Phyllis’. Uncle Tom said there is no dress code just come as you are.  I was surprised actually.  I was hoping this wasn’t going to interfere with our pool day.
When we all were ready, we drove to Uncle Tom’s and Aunt Phyllis’. I haven’t been in this house since 2009. I was a bit uneasy and nervous, but I was hoping all would be well.  When we arrived, we had mimosas and the party started. It was nice and relaxing. I can’t believe how much I had to drink this weekend.  Aunt Phyllis made a lite breakfast it was some kind of eggs, vegetable, and meat wrapped in dough and baked in the oven. Then she he cut up some fruit. It was just enough.
Around 1pm, Andrew, Spense, Matthew, and I went to the wave pool. Anthony was meeting us there. I was so excited just to go lay out and relax. I really needed this.  When we arrived at the pool. We got our spots, laid out our towels, and got some sunscreen on. I think Matt and Spense liked the pool.  I wasn’t sure. It was our version of the beach, well sort of.
I walked into the water, and sat down in the shallow end, and started the sauteing process. I wondered when Anthony would arrive. All of the sudden I heard Andrew shout for my attention. He said, “Bub, Anthony is here.” I got up and looked  behind me. There he was walking towards us. I walked up to him and gave him a big hug. He laid his towel down in front of mine.  We had so much bitching and catching up to do. I introduced him to Spenser and Matthew.
Then we got in the pool. We swam out some and got used to the water. It was cold. We swam out farther and all stood around talked. It was fun. The waves came and I did my best to keep up with the waves. Anthony was making me laugh and it was hard to focus on swimming, while laughing.
After awhile, we got out and I laid out at the shallow end with Anthony. We bitched and gossiped. Andrew stayed out in the water with Spenser and Matthew. Anthony thought my cousin Matt was cute.  At one point,  Anthony and I flipped over on to our stomachs to get our backs tan. The boys came up to the shallow end, and were standing in front of us. Anthony said to Drew and Matthew, “Would you two please sit down, or go stand somewhere else. All we see are knees and dicks.” I laughed so hard. He is so bad. They awkwardly moved to the side.
Around 3:30pm or a quarter to 4pm, Becky and David were 15 mins away from the pool. They were picking up the boys and then heading back home. We all walked with them to the exit. They had to get their stuff out of our car. We planned to meet Anthony for dinner at Blaze Pizza in Settler’s Ridge. I didn’t feel like cooking and or going grocery shopping.
When we said our goodbyes, and helped them load up the car. We told them to follow us for the on ramp to 376.  We got in our cars, and drove towards the on ramp, and pointed out the window. We honked and so did they.  Back to reality, for Drew and I.
We arrived at Blase, and had pizza with Anthony. I couldn’t wait for some pizza. I got the Build Your Own, High Rise  Crust, and a ton of veggies. I was so excited. We sat down at table, and waited for our pizza to be ready. I had the feeling of a little bit of a let down now that they were gone, the fun was over, and it is back to reality and work tomorrow.
After pizza, we said goodbye to Anthony. We went home, and got a shower, then we took a nap. I had laundry and cleaning to do. I was not ready for work tomorrow, but It was my last Monday and Tuesday in the Chapel.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s