Grandma in the Hospital

After work today, I was so cranky. We had a meeting where we discussed the Fall Schedule. It was my first meeting combining everyone’s preferences, and not everyone submitted their preferences, and I couldn’t find one professor’s preferences. I could have done so much better, and I feel like I have still so much to learn.

At the end of the meeting, I asked the chair of the department, what I could do better within the future so I could learn from this, she said just put the TF preferences together with the faculty, and make sure that graduate and undergraduate are both listed. The meeting was draining. I had some small issues and requests to deal with at my desk.
In the seating area of our department, there was a baby shower going on for one of the students. I gave some money in a card for her, but I really didn’t know her. I couldn’t wait to close up shop, but I had to handle some small requests before I could leave. I just wanted to go home.

When I left the office, I walked to the Cathedral to meet Drew. It was a slow walk. I wore my cute clogs today and I was regretting it. My feet were killing me. When I arrived at the Cathedral, I walked up the stairs, and meet Drew by the elevators. I was not in a good mood. When I approached him, I saw an older woman was talking to him and she asked him, “Where the Nationality rooms are?” He said, “Oh they are on the first three floors.” She said, “Could you take us to them?” I chimed in and said, “Down this hallway, there is a “Nationality Rooms visitor Center.” There they can take you to different rooms and give you more information.” I forced a smile. She thanked us, unfortunately, we had to walk past them in order to exit, the Cathedral. They looked at us like we were supposed to take them to the different rooms and be their tour guide.
When we were on the way home, we hit some traffic and it was getting on my nerves. We stopped at the beer store on the way, and picked up a case of Amstel, and two cans of Mike’s Hard Lemonade. Then we went home. Once we got home, I made pork chops, while they were in the oven, I got a shower, and then came downstairs. I was in a semi better mood.
After dinner, we watched the Pitt Game and then Drew went up to get a shower. I continued writing my book. I am reading What Happened by Hillary Clinton. I am interested to read her version of What Happened. All of a sudden, Andrew’s phone rang and I saw it was his Mom so I answered it. She asked me if we were home, and I said, “Yes, is everything okay? she said, “Yes, where is Drew?” I said, “he is in the shower.” I was concerned. She said, “When he gets out, will you have him call me back?” I said, “I sure can.” I hung up with her and yelled up to Drew, who was in the shower to call his mom when he gets out. He asked, “If everything was okay?” I said, “I don’t know.” He said, “Okay.”
When he got out of the shower, he came downstairs and called his mom and put her on speaker so I could hear too.” His mom told us that Grandma is in the hospital. She fell back, hit her head, and her left arm. They might admit her. She came here by ambulance. Drew said, “he was sorry to hear that.” I was shocked. She said, “I will give you updates as soon as I get them.” I asked, “If she wanted us to come to sit with her?” She said, “No thank you, Dad is here and Aunt Paula is here with me. We are having an interesting experience being here at AGH on a Friday night.” We both laughed a little.
When we got off the phone, I felt so bad. First his mom’s foot, then grandma having issues with her heart catheter going into her heart for the valve to be replaced, to now this. I was hoping that nothing was going to be wrong and that she would get out of there soon.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s