Sick Day

Today, I took a“sick day Drew and I had some things to take care of before we leave for England and France. We needed a week day to get them done.  Yesterday, the doctor’s office faxed me over a script to get blood work done before we left for England. Drew already had his script, when he went for his annual check up, just never got the test done.
When we arrived at the doctor’s office, I had to receive an updated Hepatitis A vaccine. I will have to receive another in 6 months. While, I was in the examining room, the nurse was prepping my arm for the shot, and I told her that I was 10 days late for my period. She said, do you want us to give you a pregnancy test? I said, “I already took two and they are negative.” she said, “You are probably irregular. Although, I would take another one again today. If you are, then you should be okay to travel in your first trimester, but if you are not, then you are not and have a good time in England.” I thought thanks for the certainty and the words of wisdom. I better not be pregnant. It just wouldn’t be ideal, and I don’t think I am so ugh!
After I left the doctor’s office, then we went to Quest lab to get blood work done. When we walked into the lab, they had a little waiting room with an IPad there to greet you. It was kinda cool. We check in on the IPad, and then they call us back. It is scary that machines are doing what humans can do, but kinda cool.
When they called us back, I went into one room, and across the hall Drew was in the other. We could see each other. He winked at me. I love when he does that. It makes me feel like old times again. The nurse asked me which arm? I said, “Lets go for the left. I am already marked up over there from my shot.” She laughed and prepped my arm. I don’t like needles. I have tattoos and piercings, but there is something about needles in a medical setting that throws me off.
After our blood work, which was quick and painless. She only took one tube. I thought she was going to take more than that, we went to have breakfast at Central Diner. Drew as getting hangry, and when he is hangry, he is quiet and antsy. We were seated right away, we both ordered omelettes. We sipped on our coffee and I tried to talk to him a little, until our food came, but he was distant and quiet. This is how he gets when he is so hungry. When our food came, we ate, and we didn’t say much to each other.
After breakfast, we went to Robinson, I had to pick up some little bottles of shampoo at Ulta. Drew thought Ulta was only for women, but he looked around the front of the store a bit, and I told him that there are guy things here too. Then, we went to Barnes and Noble. He wanted to go to the Starbucks in there.
Once inside Starbucks, they have posters of certain books along the walls. One of them is Walden by Thoreau. It always reminds me of American Lit one with Dr. Ruzich at RMU. That story is not an interesting read. It is about Thoreau’s time in Walden woods, how he lived in a cabin, and enjoyed the “simple life.” Ugh, sounds miserable. However, it provided him time to reflect on his life and things, so I guess that is cool. I can respect reflection, but it is not my favorite story that is for sure.
Another poster that is up by the Starbucks was Fitzgerald’s This Side of Paradise Now he is my favorite author. I love a tragic hero, the roaring 20s, and Fitzgerald overall. I wish I could buy that poser. It would look so cool in my office. I did purchase a book and renewed my membership. I bought Hemingway’s A Moveable Feast. it is about his time in Paris in the 1920s.
After we got coffee, we went to Beaver Valley Mall, to get my ring. It was ready for pick up. It needed to be sized. I was glad to have it back. While we were at the jewelry store, we talked to Carrie about Rachel’s death. They all think it was the police who either did it, or had some involvement in her death. All this speculating made me a little eerie being in the mall and in Beaver County. I am just creeped out a bit, and so is Drew. After we left the jeweler’s, we got a slice of Pizza and then we went home. Drew dropped me off at home and he went grocery shopping. I started power cleaning. I didn’t sit down once. I  didn’t want to come home from our trip to a house that needed cleaned.
When he got home, I helped him put the groceries away, and then we made dinner. I wasn’t the least bit hungry, but Drew was. We had chicken salads. After dinner, we relaxed for the rest of the evening and watched the office. We had another busy day ahead of us tomorrow.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s