This morning, I tried to make it to work. I was on the way to Oakland, but I just kept coughing, a nasty productive cough. This was my last day of antibiotics. I emailed work and told them that I wasn’t going to come in. I was going to head to the doctors since today was my last day of antibiotics.

When we got to Pitt, Drew went to work and I took the car and went to my parents.  I didn’t want to drive all the way back to Moon just yet. I snuggled my dogs and called the Doctors. I made a 2:30pm appointment. I was glad they could get me in last minute. I haven’t been to my PCP in over a year, which I guess is a good thing, but I am due for my annual.

Around 11:30am, I went home and laid on the couch until it was time to go to the Doctors. I watched reruns of Laguna Beach. I loved that show.

When I arrived to the Doctors, she scolded me for not making my annual and waiting so long to come see her. They got my records from MedExpress. She told me that they only way to reset my system is to take a steroid. I told her they make me fat. She laughed and said, she will put me on a low dose for only three days. I said, “okay.” She gave me a breathing treatment which felt so good in my chest. She said, I was wheezing and wasn’t able to catch full breath. She ordered me an inhaler, as well. She told me to come back tomorrow for a breathing treatment if I wanted and to schedule my annual once I am better. She diagnosed me with bronchitis. I am not to return to work until Monday, May 6th! I was shocked. She told me to do nothing but rest and eat chicken noodle soup.

When I left the examining room, I was handed my excuse to be out of work. All I had to do now was go home and relax. Once, I was in the car, I called my boss and left her a voicemail. I updated my out-of-office e-mail. I called Drew and told him the news. He felt so bad for me and asked me if there is anything I need. I asked him to please stop on the way home to get my prescriptions.

When I got home, I laid down on the couch and waited for Drew to arrive home. He left work around 3:30pm and stopped home to get my prescriptions and pick up dinner. He bought chicken, a frozen pizza, and more soup for me. I am so grateful for him. We rested and he watched reruns of The Hills with me.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s