Finally Friday

This morning, we stopped at Starbucks before heading to the office. Our office is going to close at 3pm today in observance of Memorial Day weekend. I am so glad! I am so excited to get back to my parents, pack up, and head back to Moon!

Right before lunch, an e-mail came through from the School of Education. They are looking for Graduate Assistants and to send applications by June 2nd. I called and inquired about it. The Director said alot of people leave their full-time position and take a GSA position, because the stipend amount evens out to more than they are getting paid at their current jobs. She also said, as a  GSA I would be doing substantive work and etc. She asked what I want to do in the future? I told her either a transfer/adult education coordinator, or perhaps a student activities and leadership development coordinator. She said, that they are working on an entrepreneurial academy here in the department and etc. We talked about dress code, and the department. I feel confident about it. She said, as a GSA we would pay your tuition and give you a stipend. I said, oh okay. She said, would you consider moving to a full-time student? I said, “Yes, I would definitely want to do that then.” She said, “Okay, perfect.” She gave me some advice. She said she will take a look at my resume and they are going to schedule interviews after the second of June.

After I got off of the phone with her, I opened my office door and saw my supervisor’s, supervisor in the departmental coordinator’s office going over lunch plans. I asked her if I could steal her away when she was done. After she finished discussing her lunch plans, she entered my office and I shut the door. I told her about the GSA position and how I applied for it. She said, would you be doing that in addition to your job? I said, “No I would be doing that in place of my job. I would leave my job for the GSA position.” She said, “Okay, I think you would be great in that department and you would be gaining real experience for what you want to do in the future.” She gave me her support. I opened the door and she went back to her office.

A few minutes later, the departmental coordinator and I went to get the hoagies for lunch. When we arrived back at the office, we grabbed plates and forks, then sat outside in the sun to eat lunch. It  was good honest and fun lunch.

What started out as a really shitty week turned into a really nice week with an awesome opportunity ahead.

Now, I am anxiously awaiting three o’clock to arrive so we can leave and get ready for Memorial Day weekend!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s